Gas Certification

Legal Requirements

A Gas Safety Certificate is required for all Motor Homes/Caravans, manufactured in New Zealand after 1 July 2013 or imported into NZ, irrespective of age, after that date.

It is a legal requirement that the manufacturer or importer of each van supplies the purchaser with the Gas Safety Certificate.

Gas Certification is a legal requirement after any gas work has been done.

All gas fitting must be carried out by a registered gas fitter, they are required to provide you with a gas certificate to cover all the work they have done on your van.

Regular certification

There is no requirement to have an annual certification for your van, however we recommend that you have your gas appliances serviced every couple of years.

This keeps your appliances running smoothly and efficiently, using less gas and enabling us to identify any leaks.

If you suspect a leak for ANY reason, please get in touch immediately.

“Whilst travelling I broke the grey water outlet. Upon ringing the Freeway centre they booked my motorhome in for the next day. Professional service in a very busy workshop. I was very pleased with the repairs & efficiency. My holiday can continue. AAA+++ to the Freeway RV Centre Thank you” – Julie Smyllie

We called in to have our stove door looked at as my tiny posterior broke it when I fell off the bed. Steve said the whole door needed replacing. He sourced one and had us on the road in 2 days. Wonderful fast service with great communication. Have to mention the price was fantastic” – Petrina Denton

Book your gas certification here